On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu> wrote:
> On 5/17/2011 at 3:02 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:
>> If we were starting from scratch, i'd agree with you that having a single
>> Jira project makes more sense, but given where we are today, i think we
>> should probably keep them distinct -- partly from a "pain of migration"
>> standpoint on our end, but also from a user expecations standpoint -- i
>> think the Solr users/community as a whole is use to the existence of the
>> SOLR project in Jira, and use to the SOLR-* issue naming convention, and
>> it would likely be more confusing for *them* to change now.

just a few words. I disagree here with you hoss IMO the suggestion to
merge JIRA would help to move us closer together and help close the
gap between Solr and Lucene. I think we need to start identifying us
with what we work on. It feels like we don't do that today and we
should work hard to stop that and make hard breaks that might hurt but
I think its the way to go. Drawn from what has happend in the last
weeks / month it would be good to start from the scratch at least in
JIRA. I'd go even further and nuke the name entirely and call
everything lucene - I know not many folks like the idea and it might
take a while to bake in but I think for us (PMC / Committers) and the
community it would be good. I am not calling a vote here just stating
my opinion.

here is my +1 to the JIRA suggestion

Simon