> If Lucid did somehow conspire to "fight improvements to Solr", that
> would be severely detrimental to its own future.

The arguments were brought up previously regarding how in the name of
"stability" refactoring Solr does not occur.  It's a touchy subject
that yes can be technically justified, however in most cases comes
from Lucid staff.  This leads one on a rather short line to the
conclusion that they don't want the "Goose" tampered with.  Many times
it seems like the Spruce Goose however.