I noticed recently that arg validation/parsing/help-text for the
"create", "delete", "auth", "zk", etc. commands makes up a huge chunk
of the (bin/solr) scripts.  (Some 600 lines by a quick count!)

This is a shame, since that logic is duplicated across two
platform-specific scripts.

I'm not familiar with the history of these scripts; is there a reason
this logic lives here?  I know that some args must be examined before
we enter Java-land ("--verbose", JVM args, come to mind).  But is
there a reason the other arguments are parsed/examined there as well?

If there's not, moving that logic to Java would gain us a few things:

- removes duplication
- makes test-writing for this logic possible
- Java-logic is more accessible/readable to some than bash/Windows-shell.

Is there anything I'm missing about this logic living in the bin
scripts?  I'm happy to create a JIRA and do the leg-work for the
change if this is something we're interested in.  Just wanted to ask
around before starting, due to my lack of background.

Thanks for clarification, if anyone has any to offer.

Best,

Jason