Hi,

I just noticed, that our Hadoop friends released Hadoop 2.7.4. This fixes the
stupid Java 9 bug in their static initializer (StringIndexOutOfBounds). So I’d
like to also get https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11261 in. If
Jenkins is happy on 7.x and master, this should be easy.

If you think it’s too risky (Hadoop 2.7.2 -> 2.7.4), we can live with the
workaround in Lucene 6.6.1! But the workaround is really hacky: It changes the
“java.version” system property temporarily on Java 9 while initializing Hadoop,
which is not something you should ever do!

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen