LUCENE-7730 solved this?

On 2017/08/22 18:59, Koji Sekiguchi wrote:
Hi Adrien,

Thank you for your explanation!

I thought LUCENE-6819 removed the single byte float as well because to describe the background of the ticket, you mentioned it was poor precision. So I thought the ticket solved it (from the context).

So the field length is still stored in the single byte and the precision of the float still not good? And the point of the LUCENE-6819 is that we can set more precise boost value if we want because it no longer depends on the poor precision single byte for field length?

Thanks,

Koji