I've been asked today about whether there is a way to express a query like:

q="foo bar baz"

with a certain phrase slop factor *and* potential misses (say, any two
of the terms above should match). This was a question related to
Solr's edismax which I don't know that well.

My tentatively answer based on the code is that mm (min should match)
only applies to Boolean queries (clauses), so there is no way to mix
it with phrase queries... One could simulate this with span queries,
but there is no query parser available that would permit creating such
a query from user input.

Am I right/ wrong/ missing something obvious?

Dawid