[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-7798?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16374513#comment-16374513
 ] 

Joel Bernstein edited comment on SOLR-7798 at 2/23/18 3:40 PM:
---------------------------------------------------------------

There were a couple issues I ran into. First, I worked with the pull request, 
but I found the commit message wasn't formatted quite right and the test wasn't 
include. 

Next, I applied the patch, which didn't apply cleanly on master. 

So, I decided to hand integrate the changes and the test from the patch. The 
test case in the patch looked like it might have been written for an older 
version and was failing every time.

I wouldn't worry about it though. This is a small enough change that I can just 
fix things up on my own and commit it. It will just take a little longer to get 
committed because I need to carve out a little more time to work with it. But I 
will get this committed unless I run into a blocker.


was (Author: joel.bernstein):
There were a couple issues I ran into. First I worked with the pull request, 
but I found the commit message wasn't formatted quite right and the test wasn't 
include. 

Next I applied the patch, which didn't apply cleanly on master. 

So, I decided to hand integrate the changes and the test from the patch. The 
test case in the patch looked like it might have been written for an older 
version and was failing every time.

I wouldn't worry about it though. This is a small enough change that I can just 
fix things up on my own and commit it. It will just take a little longer to get 
committed because I need to carve out a little more time to work with it. But I 
will get this committed unless I run into a blocker.

> Improve robustness of ExpandComponent
> -------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-7798
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-7798
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: SearchComponents - other
>            Reporter: Jörg Rathlev
>            Assignee: Joel Bernstein
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: expand-component.patch, expand-npe.patch
>
>          Time Spent: 10m
>  Remaining Estimate: 0h
>
> The {{ExpandComponent}} causes a {{NullPointerException}} if accidentally 
> used without prior collapsing of results.
> If there are multiple documents in the result which have the same term value 
> in the expand field, the size of the {{ordBytes}}/{{groupSet}} differs from 
> the {{count}} value, and the {{getGroupQuery}} method creates an incompletely 
> filled {{bytesRef}} array, which later causes a {{NullPointerException}} when 
> trying to sort the terms.
> The attached patch extends the test to demonstrate the error, and modifies 
> the {{getGroupQuery}} methods to create the array based on the size of the 
> input maps.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscr...@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-h...@lucene.apache.org

Reply via email to