Just realised that I don’t have an ASF Jenkins account - Uwe or Steve, can you 
give me a hand setting up the 7.3 Jenkins jobs?

Thanks, Alan

> On 12 Mar 2018, at 09:32, Alan Woodward <romseyg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I’ve created the 7.3 release branch.  I’ll leave 24 hours for bug-fixes and 
> doc patches and then create a release candidate.
> We’re now in feature-freeze for 7.3, so please bear in mind the following:
> No new features may be committed to the branch.
> Documentation patches, build patches and serious bug fixes may be committed 
> to the branch. However, you should submit all patches you want to commit to 
> Jira first to give others the chance to review and possibly vote against the 
> patch. Keep in mind that it is our main intention to keep the branch as 
> stable as possible.
> All patches that are intended for the branch should first be committed to the 
> unstable branch, merged into the stable branch, and then into the current 
> release branch.
> Normal unstable and stable branch development may continue as usual. However, 
> if you plan to commit a big change to the unstable branch while the branch 
> feature freeze is in effect, think twice: can't the addition wait a couple 
> more days? Merges of bug fixes into the branch may become more difficult.
> Only Jira issues with Fix version “7.3" and priority "Blocker" will delay a 
> release candidate build.
>> On 9 Mar 2018, at 16:43, Alan Woodward <romseyg...@gmail.com 
>> <mailto:romseyg...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>> FYI I’m still recovering from my travels, so I’m going to create the release 
>> branch on Monday instead.
>>> On 27 Feb 2018, at 18:51, Cassandra Targett <casstarg...@gmail.com 
>>> <mailto:casstarg...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>> I intend to create the Ref Guide RC as soon as the Lucene/Solr artifacts RC 
>>> is ready, so this is a great time to remind folks that if you've got Ref 
>>> Guide changes to be done, you've got a couple weeks. If you're stuck or not 
>>> sure what to do, let me know & I'm happy to help you out.
>>> Eventually we'd like to release both the Ref Guide and Lucene/Solr with the 
>>> same release process, so this will be a big first test to see how ready for 
>>> that we are.
>>> On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 11:42 AM, Michael McCandless 
>>> <luc...@mikemccandless.com <mailto:luc...@mikemccandless.com>> wrote:
>>> +1
>>> Mike McCandless
>>> http://blog.mikemccandless.com <http://blog.mikemccandless.com/>
>>> On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 4:50 AM, Alan Woodward 
>>> <alan.woodw...@romseysoftware.co.uk 
>>> <mailto:alan.woodw...@romseysoftware.co.uk>> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> It’s been a couple of months since the 7.2 release, and we’ve accumulated 
>>> some nice new features since then.  I’d like to volunteer to be RM for a 
>>> 7.3 release.
>>> I’m travelling for the next couple of weeks, so I would plan to create the 
>>> release branch two weeks today, on the 9th March (unless anybody else wants 
>>> to do it sooner, of course :)
>>> - Alan
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscr...@lucene.apache.org 
>>> <mailto:dev-unsubscr...@lucene.apache.org>
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-h...@lucene.apache.org 
>>> <mailto:dev-h...@lucene.apache.org>

Reply via email to