Hi Adriano,

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Adriano Crestani
<adrianocrest...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Are there any plans to change the package name as well? If not , I don't
> see any reason to change surround.QueryParser to SurroundQueryParser, since
> all "QueryParser" classes are in different packages. The only advantage is
> less confusion for the user.

Less confusion for the user is exactly what we are going for.  The packages
may very well be changed but I'm really open for suggestions on the issue.

> StandardQueryParser and core.QueryParser have (or should have) the same
> behavior. The difference is that StandardQueryParser has a more flexible
> API. So I am not sure how you would rename them to reflect exactly what they
> do. Suggestions?

Could we not change StandardQueryParser to FlexibleQueryParser? Standard
gives the wrong impression I feel.  We have the ExtendableQueryParser which
supports Extensions so maybe FlexibleQueryParser suggests its flexible API?

> I like the idea of creating a simple QueryParser interface as Robert
> mentioned. Actually, we have something similar: SyntaxParser. Although it's
> not compatible with the interface Robert mentioned.

Yeah the SyntaxParser-esque interface would work.  It could certainly help
down the line where maybe we want randomized QueryParser implementation
selection or something, or modules which can handle QPs plugged in.