: Not to defer the blame, but I think the confusing aspect of the solr
: website wrt releasing is that unlike lucene, solr doesnt have a
: separate "versioned" and "unversioned" site. So this causes some

yeah .. at one point we started looking into making this change to be
consistent with ./java, but then there was the push to merge development,
and reducing the sub-projects in general, which lead to a discussion about
moving all of the "unversioned" parts of the site into the existing
directory for the TLP pages (so there would only be one set of forrest
docs for the entire website), and then the new Apache CMS came out and
grant started looking into that instead of wassting effort merging the
forrest docs....

It's kind of a cluster fuck now.

-Hoss