In SOLR-12613 we'll rename the "Cloud" menu in Admin UI to "Cluster". This
affects pretty much
all admin UI screenshots in the Reference Guide, so the next question then is
"How do we
keep all those screenshots up to date?". I counted a total of 42 screen shots
of the UI, many
which require creating collections, adding data, typing things into the UI etc
up front.

Due to the work involved, we often tend to update only a few shots and leave
others as-is even
if they are inaccurate. Example is the new "Suggestions" menu tab - there are
27 screen
shots in the ref guide which are not updated with that menu option.

For SOLR-12613 I'm tempted to only update the four images in "cloud-screens"
folder for now.

Perhaps for the future an automated approach can be taken using Selenium, as
outlined in
this post: https://blog.codeship.com/automating-screenshots-in-documentation/
This could
in first phase be a standalone tool to generate screenshots but could also be
extended with
other tests to get some validation of the UI itself, which is completely
lacking today. WDYT?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com