From: ysee...@gmail.com [mailto:ysee...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Yonik Seeley
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:59 PM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: upper case in wildcard query (SolrQueryParser issue)

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Yongtao Liu <y...@commvault.com> wrote:
> I was wondering why SolrQueryParser set it to false by default?

That allows one to handle both lowercased and non-lowercased fields - the
client must match the case, but at least it's possible.
If it's true, then it becomes impossible to match a term that actually starts
with an uppercase letter.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

"This communication may contain confidential and privileged
material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
unauthorized review, use or distribution by others is strictly
prohibited. If you have received the message in error, please
advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank
you."