Hi,

In the Metrics API we currently expose metrics and timings from Handlers,
Query, Update, JVM, threads etc.

I have not found any metrics related to Authentication and Authorization
plugins. It could be interesting to track metrics like:

* Which plugin is in use
* Number of authentication attempts
* Number of successful and unsuccessful authentications
* Timing

Similarly for authorization, there could be interesting stats.

All auth&authz will be part of some other request, so I'm not sure if it makes
more sense to tag this info as new counters on each handler, or keep them as a
separate metric category, with info on endpoint as metadata?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com