This merits a JIRA issue - things should not behave this way, that’s for sure.

Please create one, attach the ZK:/autoscaling.json and the output of
`/admin/collections?action=CLUSTERSTATUS` and the outputs from
/autoscaling/suggestions and /autoscaling/diagnostics - you can anonymize
actual node names as long as the data stays consistent (ie. the same node names
across all files).

See also SOLR-13155.