I think this is probably better to discuss on solr-user, or maybe solr-dev,
since it is dismax parser you are talking about, which really lives in
Solr. However, my 2c  - this seems somewhat dubious. Maybe people want to
include those in their terms? Also, it leads to a kind of slippery slope:
would you also want to convert all the various white space characters
(no-break space, thin space, em space, etc)  as vanilla ascii 32? How about
all the other "operator" characters like brackets?