your argument that gradle is faster than maven is based on internal caching
algorithm that gradle references

IF you are *NOT* politically endangered from implementing maven i encourage you
to take a hard look at

"implementing caching of maven artifacts using cache-proxies"
https://support.sonatype.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010182627-Understanding-Caching-Configuration
[https://theme.zdassets.com/theme_assets/17748/b23a916dda693a523d66cc6230806788eaa710b6.png]<https://support.sonatype.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010182627-Understanding-Caching-Configuration>

Understanding Caching Configuration – Sonatype
Support<https://support.sonatype.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010182627-Understanding-Caching-Configuration>
Proxy repositories use caching to improve build performance. The settings you
can use to configure caching are described in this article....
support.sonatype.com

as you can see speed is achieved when local proxy-cache is referenced BEFORE
far-flung remote repositories

by properly tuning local cache-proxies you can bypass high-latency remote
repositories and "accelerate your build process"

/greets/
martin-