RE https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseTodo#Produce_Release_Notes

I'm not sure if it'd make that much difference but I'd like to move the
release notes step down a little to follow the creation of the release
branch since that's when the features are truly frozen.  Cool?

Jan: Yeah totally agree RE quality varies.  I think the release highlights
is a fundamental editorial task requiring someone looking at the entirety
of the issues, with plenty of judgement calls, to decide what's worth
mentioning. That "releasedocmaker" tool looks cool for generating a
CHANGELOG.md, but I don't think it'd be that great for the release
highlights.  Well it might be okay but the results would simply be "a
start" instead of starting with a blank slate each release.  Often times
the biggest things that happen in a release are comprised of multiple
issues, not one; yet "releasedocmaker" is a per-issue thing.

Even though the release announcement has been published, it's never too
late to retroactively edit the information published to Solr's website!  To
that end, I will edit the wiki version after sending this email to add an
item about enhanced nested document support.  I think more should be said
about HTTP/2 by someone following it closely, and in particular mention
that work continues to 8.1 on it (and beyond?).  Please mention what value
this brings.  These two items are the big ones IMO but others may have more
to add.
https://wiki.apache.org/solr/ReleaseNote80
I will take care to re-publish it to the website next week.
<https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseTodo#Produce_Release_Notes>
~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley