In JIRA, should we bother with having "version.x" versions or not, and only
have, say 8.1, 8.2, etc.?  I seem to be schizophrenic on this having
thought we did things one way and recently thought the other.  Our release
process wiki page[1] makes no mention of such releases near where JIRA is
discussed AFAICT, and instead I see explicit mention of using the minor
releases numbers.  I'm baffled why I'm on record for saying the inverse
only 6 weeks ago.  In practice, it appears Lucene side uses these
"version.x"[2].  Solr doesn't at the moment only because of some recent
cleanup.

FWIW I think we shouldn't bother but who knows what I'll think in a month
;-P

[1]: https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseTodo#Add_New_JIRA_Versions
[2]:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20LUCENE%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%208.x