PR template would definitely be good. Easiest to implement with biggest
impact. I like that all issues are in Jira. There is already an infra bot
that will auto link Jiras and PRs if the PR has the a JIRA reference in it
I think.

For reference this is also the idea of contributing guidelines in addition
to the PR template [1] There are a few types of files that would help
people if they stumble on the github repo [2].

[1]
https://help.github.com/en/articles/setting-guidelines-for-repository-contributors
[2]
https://help.github.com/en/articles/creating-a-default-community-health-file-for-your-organization