That's certainly an option, but I was leaning the other way (making it
work). I know of a user that is dividing up their data into frequently and
less frequently (re)indexed stuff which is normally accessed by an alias
and they presently have to query for the list of collections in the alias
and then /get on each collection independently because of the current
behavior. This works, and if we start producing an error, they can of
course continue to do that, but it feels clumsy and inelegant for them to
have to do that to me at least). Also, it might not be all bad if it worked
with routed aliases.

--
http://www.needhamsoftware.com (work)
http://www.the111shift.com (play)