: > However Anshum does make a good point that users wouldn't know when
: the pages have changed. I think it would be great to have a link on each
: ref-guide page that shows the last modified date and links to the
: history of that page in github

: Perhaps we could instead provide a single HTML page or HTML table as
: part of or alongside each guide, showing all commits touching the guide
: on that branch after the release. Could probably be baked in as part of
: the release script. Using the release date or git hash for the release,

Yeah, there are a lot of options we could pursue for generating a
"changes" list as part of an automated build process -- but i would
consider this idea a "nice to have" feature that shouldn't block moving
forward.

Given 2 options, I would much rather:
  a) have the ability to quickly/easily "fix" mistakes/ommisions in
"official X.y ref-guide" on our site and have it automatically republish,
w/o it being immediately obvious to users that a page may have changed
between yesterday and today.
      ... over ...
  b) *NOT* being able to re-publish at all just for the sake of users
knowing that the (incorrect) content they are reading is consistent
between yesterday and today.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/