Hi Solr devs,

I would appreciate feedback on the proposed design and implementation of the
Resource Management API - please see SIP-4 [1] for details.

After several reviews I think that it’s more or less ready to commit (master
only) but it’s a sizeable change and I’d hate to miss some obvious design flaw
:)

Also, note that a chunk of the PR is a refactoring of the SolrMetricsContext
that was required to support this API (now the “scope” is a part of the context
instead of being kept separately).

Please leave code-related comments in PR #1100 [2], and other feedback in Jira
SOLR-13579. Thank you!

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SOLR/SIP-4+Resource+management+framework
[2] https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/1100