Cassandra:
I believe you have more JIRA administrative experience than I.  I notice
Solr has one "screen" used for create, edit, and view.  "SOLR-JIRA-PROJECT"
is the name of the screen.  It appears I need to request that a JIRA
administrator create a new screen for us that is associated only with the
"create issue" operation of the "screen scheme".  Do you agree?  Likewise
for the Lucene project.  I'll go file an Infra ticket.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley