You can start by reading the current guide and email us back if you have
questions:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENE/HowToContribute

---- On Wed, 08 Apr 2020 16:57:18 -0400 dragan.ivano...@uns.ac.rs wrote ----

Dear all,

My colleague and myself developed snowball stemmer for Serbian language
recently:

https://github.com/snowballstem/snowball/blob/master/algorithms/serbian.sb

https://snowballstem.org/algorithms/serbian/stemmer.html

We have a Serbian Lucene analyzer developed on top of that stemmer, and we
would like to make a contribution to Lucene. I noticed the Java version of our
stemmer is already in place
(https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/master/lucene/analysis/common/src/java/org/tartarus/snowball/ext/SerbianStemmer.java),
and there is already package for Serbian Analyzer, but without implementation
of analyzer (There is only transliteration of Latin and
Cyrillic alphabet,
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/tree/master/lucene/analysis/common/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/sr).

What is the procedure of making contribution? Should we just fork the
repository and create a pull request? Should we prepare some
documentation and tests for our analyzer?

Sincerely,

Dragan Ivanovic

University of Novi Sad, Serbia