Thanks Tomoko. I will return to this tomorrow though as I wanted to
fully understand what happened. I thought command-line tasks were
ordered by gradle... but maybe I'm wrong and they're not! I'll clean
up the default javadoc tomorrow too (so that it depends on
renderJavadoc but doesn't do anything.

Dawid