> First, sorry you’re having problems with Confluence. I suspect the issue
> is permissions. There are only two groups allowed to add pages to the SOLR
> space, “lucene” and “lucene-pmc”. I believe these correspond to ASF LDAP
> groups, which would mean they include committers and PMC members only. We
> can grant you individual permission to add/edit pages, however; we’ve done
> this for a handful of others. I could do this for you, just ping me
> off-thread so I can confirm your username.

If  that is the issue, then we should advertise clearly on the SIP page
that non-committers wishing to create a SIP should request access on this
list. That's probably a good mechanic because it ensures that contact with
this list is established first. And it sounds like confluence is allowing
him to start editing and then throwing away all his work on submission
which is VERY bad behavior... Possibly an INFRA ticket if that is
indeed the case...

@Marcus can you confirm that you tried to create a page, it appeared to let
you and then threw out your work on submission? (or am I reading what you
wrote wrong?)