When is there a good reason to use StringBuffer rather than StringBuilder?
While going through some of the warnings I happened to run across a few of
these. I haven’t changed them, and at least one (AuditEvent) has a comment
about back-compat and is quite recent…

Otherwise I though StringBuilder was preferred. Assuming the one in AuditEvent
is required, can/should we exclude only that one (and any other legitimate
ones) from ForbiddenAPI check and add StringBuffer to the check?

Worth a JIRA? Or has this been discussed before and we just live with it?