Here are the draft release notes.
I tried to keep them concise, but please tell me if I miss something
important.

Solr 8.6.0 Release Highlights:

   - Health Check:
   HealthCheckHandler can now require that all cores are healthy before
   returning OK.
   - Zookeeper read API:
   A read API at /api/cluster/zk/* to fetch raw ZK data and view contents
   of a ZK directory.
   - Admin UI:
   New panel with security info in admin UI's dashboard.
   - Streaming Expression:
   Percentiles and standard deviation aggregations added to stats, facet
   and time series.
   Streaming expressions added to /export handler.
   Drill Streaming Expression for efficient and accurate high cardinality
   aggregation.
   - Cross-Collection Join Queries:
   Join queries can now work cross-collection, even when shared or when
   spanning nodes.

Lucene 8.6.0 Release Highlights:

   - API change in:
   SimpleFSDireectory, IndexWriterConfig, MergeScheduler, SortFields,
   SimpleBindings, QueryVisitor, DocValues, CodecUtil.
   - New:
   IndexWriter merge-on-commit feature to selectively merge small segments
   on commit, subject to a configurable timeout, to improve search performance
   by reducing the number of small segments for searching.
   Grouping by range based on DoubleValueSource and LongValueSource.
   - Optimizations:
   BKD trees and index, DoubleValuesSource/QueryValueSource,
   UsageTrackingQueryingCachingPolicy, FST, Geometry queries,
   Points, UniformSplit
   - Others:
   Ukrainian analyzer, checksums verification, resource leaks fixes