I think it's better to think of Solr as a piece of infrastructure or
component for you to build these things, rather than a product that has a
lot of capabilities for some specific use case.

So you can find 'lego pieces' to build some of these things, but with Solr
you need to build these things yourself. You're trading off targeted
feature you'll find in a search product vs depth of configurability and
pluggability in open source search. With Solr you should expect a big
engineering investment and getting to know the internals to use it most
effectively.

On topics 2 & 3, you might be interested in AI Powered Search which has a
strong NLP component http://aipoweredsearch.com

-Doug

--
*Doug Turnbull **| CTO* | OpenSource Connections
<http://opensourceconnections.com>, LLC | 240.476.9983
Author: Relevant Search <http://manning.com/turnbull>; Contributor: *AI
Powered Search <http://aipoweredsearch.com>*
This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be
Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless
of whether attachments are marked as such.