Hi Adrien,
I think I am mainly concerned about getting the configuration and
modularity of this right before we release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14588.
If we aren't able to resolve it, we should revert that feature.

There may be some other performance issues that may have been marked as
blockers just to infuse a sense of urgency among those that need to fix it.
But, I wouldn't consider them something that actually holds up a release.
Regards,
Ishan