It seems that solr/licenses/README.committers.txt file is not ignored
in the gradle build and slips into the distribution package.

I did not check if this affects the 8_x branch.

Do I need to create JIRA for this or can somebody just fix it?

Regards,
   Alex.
Ps. And I found it because the file points to
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CommitterInfo, which redirects to cwiki,
which also looks very out of date and talks about subversion and ant.
But it does have a section on regenerating analysis factories, which I
don't know if gradle does. But if it does, maybe that information
should go into the developer guide and we relink there directly...