I am indexing a deeply nested structure and am trying to return it
with fl=*,[child].

And it is supposed to have 5 children under the top element but
returns only 4. Two hours of debugging later, I realize that the
"limit" parameter is set to 10 by default and that 10 seems to be
counting children at ANY level. And calculating them depth-first. So,
it was quite unobvious to discover when the children suddenly stopped
showing up.

The documentation says:
> The maximum number of child documents to be returned per parent document. >
> The default is `10`.

So, is that (all nested children included in limit) what we actually
mean? Or did we mean maximum number of "immediate children" for any
specific document/level and the code is wrong?

I can update the doc to clarify the results, but I don't know whether
I am looking at the bug or the feature.

Regards,
   Alex.