Hi Devs,

As you might be aware, the reference_impl branch has a lot of improvements
that we want to see in Solr master. However, it is currently a large
deviation from master and hence the stability and reliability (though
improved in certain aspects) remains to be tested in real production
environments before we gain confidence in bringing those changes to master.

I propose that we do a one off preview release from that branch, say Solr
10 alpha (early access) or any other name that someone suggests, so that
users could try it out and report regressions or improvements etc.

I volunteer to be the RM and planning to start the process around 1
December-15 December timeframe. Until then, we can tighten the loose ends
on the branch and plan for such a release.

Is there any thoughts, concerns, questions?

Regards,
Ishan