Hey all,

This morning I published SIP-12, which proposes an overhaul of Solr's
backup and restore functionality.  While the "headline" improvement in
this SIP is a change to do backups incrementally, it bundles in a
number of other improvements as well, including the addition of
corruption checks, APIs to list and delete backups, and stronger
integration points with popular object storage APIs.

The SIP can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SOLR/SIP-12%3A+Incremental+Backup+and+Restore

Please read the SIP description and come back here for discussion.  As
the discussion progresses we will update the SIP page with any
outcomes and eventually move things to a VOTE.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Best,

Jason