: I did have to tweak the "reproduce with:" line to reproduce it though...
: maybe because it was a timeout?
:
: It said: --tests
: "org.apache.lucene.index.TestDocumentsWriterStallControl.classMethod"
: But it should be: --tests
:
"org.apache.lucene.index.TestDocumentsWriterStallControl.testAcquireReleaseRace"
: ?
: Or maybe no test method at all since we don't know who is truly to blame?

There are two failures reported, w/two reproduce lines in the output.  One
is testAcquireReleaseRace, the other is 'classMethod' -- IIUC classMethod
is the generic way the gradle test runner reports that something failed at
the suite (or static class init?) level ... like an AfterClass method, or
as Dawid said: a suite timeout (which i think is inforced via a ClassRule?
... not sure ...)

I think that in the case of a suite timeout you'll always see that test +
'classMethod' failure pattern -- unless the test finishes in a timely
manner and it's some AfterClass cleanup that "hangs"

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/