Thanks very much Robert for detailed investigations, and thanks Jan for
your tests.

I will sort out the problem with my GPG key, but I  am not sure what to do
with this SOLR-15473. I've run the smoker test again, and it passed on my
Mac again: SUCCESS! [1:00:03.751500]
Would appreciate more guidance, if we need to resolve SOLR-15473 before 8.9
release.