Can you tell us a bit more about which directions these mentioned
optimizations apply to? If it's about build caches then it's already
been discussed as a contribution to Solr:

Also, it'd be great to see some feedback for more fundamental issues
within gradle -- like this one:

https://github.com/gradle/gradle/issues/11609

(this is marked as closed -- incorrectly; it's still a bug and always has been).

Dawid