> I believe maven/nexus natively allows publishing an RC to the staging repo
> and then manually promoting to a release. Apache infra has this dual set up
> for us already.
> Would gradle be able to hook into that process?

If it's the same as other open source Nexus installations then the
"staging repository" is an intermediate step that's always there -
there is no way to publish directly to releases. The question is how
do you upload to the staging repository - it's one of the methods I
mentioned in my previous e-mail.

D.