Hi,

this is the MacOS virtualbox. This one often hast timeshifts caused by Virtualbox and the NTP daemon of OSX is bullshit (no chrony).

Actually earlier versions of MacOS had a bug in their OS libc segfaulting the app to crash on backwards jumps of wall time, which was fixed a few years ago. Now it looks like sometimes only Gradle/Java hangs because of this. Macos and backwards-jumping time do not fit well! Maybe a reason why Apple does not like their OS virtualized :-) Their bullshit kernel only works for 100% INTEL CPUs with all hardware behaving exactly in order to time.

Uwe