Hi,

the Lucene-Core package works for PANGAEA as drop-in replacement, so this is
all fine.

I found a problem (an inconsistency in the new openIfChanged API) when porting
the code to not use deprecated stuff:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3464 (reopened). The deprecated
stuff successfully used the sophisticated backwards, cool, Mike!

Another problem with the release candidate: When running contrib tests on
windows, since the benchmark classes don’t correctly close all
files/reader/whatever after Robert's commit 1203997 the benchmark tests fail on
every run on windows. I don't like this for an official release, sorry. The
test should pass (somehow most of the time - lol@solr), but consistently
failing is bad (see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3583).

I checked CheckIndex on pre-3.5 indexes, all worked fine for the hug PANGAEA
index, no hotspot bugs (1.6.0_24), will later try 1.6.0_29.
Optimizing/Upgrading indexes worked, too. As said before, backwards
compatibility is fine, no recompilation was needed here.

I will try to run smoke tests later, but I don't like the above 2 issues, so my
+/-0 (as there is a workaround for the first issue) :(

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen