I wanted to take some time to discuss our position on the Contrib projects.
 Digy and I were a little off topic in the roadmap thread and I brought it
up.  Digy mentioned he always felt that it was a "nice to have" but
not necessarily required for a release.  I can't say I disagree.

I had some time to look over a lot of the contrib code in Java, and there
are quite a few projects that cannot be ported directly, as they rely on
3rd party Java libraries that have no direct .Net equivalent.  Porting them
could delay releases a long time, which is why I think it hasn't really
been kept up to date as it is.

I think a requirement for releases should be to have whatever projects that
are currently in contrib to be up to date and building, with valid and
passing tests (our 2.9.4 Contrib.Analyzers project is missing tests for 9
namespaces).  I think it should be as simple as that.  I don't think we
should worry about adding new projects, unless you feel compelled to do so.
 My opinion is that if someone wants a Contrib added to the project,
someone can port and donate the code to our project, or if they request it,
someone can volunteer to port it themselves.

People do use our Contrib assemblies, I personally think this is a fair
trade-off to only have to maintain what we already have.  I would like to
know how everyone else feels about it.

Thanks,
Christopher