: : I suggest that for 3.6 we deprecate solr.IntField w/friends in Java and add
a deprecation warning to example schemas.
: : For 4.x we can remove them completely both from code and schema. Less is
more...

: -0 to removing the classes completley

I guess i should have said...

-0 to removing the classes completley

+1 to deprecating/removing the *name* IntField, etc.. and renaming these
classes to something longer and less attractive looking to novice users
(ie: StringifiedIntField) in 4.0

Unfortunately, as much as i would like to for "new users", i don't think
it would be safe to renamed the TrieIntField (and freinds) to "IntField"
in 4.0 given the havock it might wreck on any existing users of IntField.

-Hoss