Hey Simon,

thx for your fast response!

<< to begin with make sure you read this: >>
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/SummerOfCode2012
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/HowToContribute

Okay, i read the documentation.

<< Yeah we have multiple test for IndexWriter (IW in short) the are all
basically in /lucene/core/src/test/org/apache/lucene/index
there is a bunch of them but those are only the test that test the IW
directly. Lots of other tests are involved. Whatever you do you should
run all core tests. The one with NRT and Threads in the name are the
most evil :) >>

What means NRT?
Okay, i will now checkout the trunk and run all the unit tests.

<< I use Eclipse, but you can use the tool you like / know >>
Ok, Thx.