Deleted documents use IDs, so you may run out of doc IDs with fewer than 2^31
searchable documents.

I recommend designing with a lot of slack, maybe using only 75% of IDs. Solr
might alert when 90% of the space is used.

If you want to delete everything, then re-add everything without a commit, you
will use 2X the doc IDs. That isn't even worst case.

If you reduce or black-out merging, you can end up with serious doc ID
consumption.

With no merges, if you find lots of near-dupes and routinely replace documents
with a better version, you can have many deleted documents for each searchable
one. This can happen with web spidering. If you find five mirrors of a
million-document site, and find the best one last, you can use five million doc
IDs for those million docs.

wunder