Hello,

Noticed the following issue during our recent code migration to LUCENE_40. The
test below will fail with an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException -1.  It will pass
only if tokenizer.reset() is called before incrementing the tokens.

@Test
public void whitespaceTokTest() throws IOException {

String text = "a b c d";
Tokenizer tokenizer = new WhitespaceTokenizer(Version.LUCENE_40, new
StringReader(text));
List<String> tokens = new ArrayList<String>();
while (tokenizer.incrementToken()) {
tokens.add(tokenizer.getAttribute(CharTermAttribute.class).toString());
}
assertEquals(tokens, Arrays.asList(new String[]{"a","b","c","d"}));

}

This used to work, at least until LUCENE_33. Is this a bug, or am I missing
something?

Thank you,
Spyros