Solrconfig.xml has lots of great suggestions for various options that are
commented out, which is fine. I did notice one useful feature that doesn’t even
have a commented-out  suggestion: the MoreLikeThis request handler. I suggest
we add it.

Does anybody know of any good reason why it isn’t there already? Or why it
shouldn’t be added?

And is there any significant downside to adding it as an active handler in the
example solrconfig?

  <requestHandler name="/mlt" class="solr.MoreLikeThisHandler">
  </requestHandler>

I would simply note that since the mlt search component is already configured
in Solr by default, most of the MLT code is already being loaded in Solr, so
there should be no significant penalty.

-- Jack Krupansky