Hi,

I am using solr 3.6.1. I am facing an issue with wild card search when
stemmers(kStemmer / Snowball) added.

I have field called "field_search_1".

 <fieldType name="field_search_1" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
            <filter class="solr.KeywordMarkerFilterFactory"
protected="protwords/protwords.txt"/>
            <filter class="solr.KStemFilterFactory"/>
      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
        <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory"
synonyms="synonyms/synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
        <filter class="solr.KeywordMarkerFilterFactory"
protected="protwords/protwords.txt"/>
        <filter class="solr.KStemFilterFactory"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

When i index "accessorising" into field, it's stemming value as
“accessorise” and indexing.

So if I search for,

1 -> “accessorising” (without any wild cards), query time stemming
converting it to  “accessorise”, hence result finds.
2 ->“acc?ssorising” (with wild card ?), query time stemming converting it to
“acc?ssorising”(no change), hence result not able to find.
3 -> “access?rise” (with wild card ?), query time stemming converting it to
“access?rise”(no change), hence result able to find since indexed stemmed
word is “accessorise” .

So, is wild card with stemming doesn't give results as expected? Please
suggest me the solution to match the result in 1 & 2 scenarios.

Thanks in advance.

Saida Reddy.