Hi,

That's unfortunately not so easy, because of project dependencies. To run the
test you have to compile Lucene Core then the specific module + the test
framework (which is special for Lucene) and download some JARs from Maven
central (JAR hell, as usual).
If you give me some time, I would collect all needed JAR files from my local
checkout and provide you the correct cmd line + a ZIP file with maybe a shell
script to startup. It should be doable, but needs some work to collect all
dependencies for the classpath.

If you want to do it quicker (should be quite fast to do):
- Download ANT 1.8.2 binary zip (unfortunately ANT 1.8.4 has a bug making it
not working out of the box with Java 8):
http://archive.apache.org/dist/ant/binaries/apache-ant-1.8.2-bin.tar.gz - I
just wonder about the fact: isn't ANT needed to build the JDK classlib by
itself? I remember that the FreeBSD OpenJDK build downloads ANT and does a
large part of the compilation using ANT...
- put the ANT bin/ dir into your PATH
- download the Apache Lucene source code from Jenkins:
https://builds.apache.org/job/Lucene-Artifacts-trunk/2212/artifact/lucene/dist/lucene-5.0-2013-03-05_15-37-06-src.tgz
- go to extracted lucene source dir, call "ant ivy-bootstrap" (this will
download Apache IVY, so all dependencies can be downloaded from Maven Central)
- change to the module that fails: # cd analysis/uima
- execute: # ant -Dargs="-server -XX:+UseG1GC" -Dtests.multiplier=3
-Dtests.jvms=1 test
- In a parallel console you might be able to attach to the process, the build
in the main console using ANT runs inside ANT and the test framework spawns
separate worker instances of the JVM to execute the tests. This makes it hard
to reproduce in standalone (the command line passed to the child JVM is
veeeeery long).

I will work on putting together a precompiled ZIP file with all needed JARs +
the command line. Just tell me if you got it managed with the above howto, then
I don’t need to do this.
Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler