Jan:

I've hit on a new policy when I closed a bunch of things today. For those
JIRAs that we decide NOT to close, I'm adding a comment explaining why I
didn't close it and/or inviting comment. That has the effect of removing
the JIRA from the query you provided and poking anyone still interested in
it.

FWIW,
Erick