On Apr 19, 2013, at 6:16 PM, Uwe Schindler <u...@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> I think, maybe Smoketester should compare the revision from the URL in the RC
> vote with the one recorded in the JAR files? Everything else makes no sense
> as the:
> a) The SVN server always replies with the latest committed version on the
> whole repository not the one of the newest file in the branch.

I just noticed that 'svn info' provides the most recent revision for any given
file or directory, e.g. for the top level trunk dir:

  Repository Root: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf
  Repository UUID: 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
  Revision: 1469936
  Node Kind: directory
  Schedule: normal
  Last Changed Author: rmuir
  Last Changed Rev: 1469889
  Last Changed Date: 2013-04-19 11:20:04 -0400 (Fri, 19 Apr 2013)

This command can be run recursively, and revisions collected, and the most
recent one found, e.g.:

  PROMPT$ svn info -R | grep 'Last Changed Rev:' | cut -d' ' -f4 | sort -n |
tail -1
  1470088

The above command takes less than a second on my Macbook pro, and I don't see
any network activity, so this info must be all locally cached.

Steve